Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Samurai Warriors 4 Takakage Kobayakawa



Yeah, so I've started playing Chronicle Mode in Samurai Warriors 4... Because Story Mode has too much tragedy for me... ^^; In video above you can see the SW 4 version of Pippi - yeah, still as weird -looking as ever! xp 

Chronicle Mode has happier events; some maybe quite silly, a few flirty, and if you're lucky you can get love confession... Well, not really... Some sort of, I guess... Since there's no marriage or spouse oath in Samurai Warriors series; only friendship... And some sort of vague, romantic-implied sentence(s)... Well, I guess it's a bit entertaining in a way, compared if all events are just about normal or silly things, considering that Chronicle Mode is very repetitious - like Ambition Mode in Dynasty Warriors 8. Earlier today I maxed Kiyomasa Katou's friendship level and unlocked all his events, and yeah, I've got another vague love confession - though his maybe a bit more obvious than Takakage's... I'll see later if I'm not lazy to record and upload his events... (I'm not really fond of him, to be honest, since he fought on Tokugawa's side in Sekigahara against Mitsunari).

So far I've unlocked 3 regions for me to travel around.... I've also had various friendship levels with some characters already... Though so far I have only 4 of them whose friendship level has reached maximum; Takakage Kobayakawa, Kiyomasa Katou, Musashi Miyamoto and Kojiro Sasaki (it's all thanks because he's always stalking me on the map, hence, most of the time I can't avoid fighting him... ^^;) I don't know why; it can be quite easy to befriend some characters while for some others it seems to be quite difficult. For instance, with Mitsunari I still only have level 2 friendship and have only unlocked his first event, even though I think I've fought him quite a number of times... Maybe there's another additional requirement for friendship besides just defeating/rescuing those characters in battles... Maybe it needs to be in a correct region for the friendship to blossom... 

Anyway, thankfully, it's not Sims, so I don't have to worry about friendship decay... Though I think if you choose the negative answer during events, it can reduce the friendship...? Most of the time, by common sense and intuition, I always seem to choose the correct answer... The only time I chose the negative one - by accident? xp - so far is during Hanzo Hattori event... which I don't really care if it really reduces the friendship level or not - I don't seem to see any sign of it in his friendship meter - since he's one of Tokugawa's men. And I thought that the choices were always one positive and one negative, but apparently it's not always true... I found it out when I've got Gracia's first event... I never like her; not just because she's the daughter of Mitsuhide Akechi... It's more like she's annoying in my eyes - even more so in SW 4... And so, I thought I'd purposely choose the negative answer... But scully, both choices in her first event are all positive! x_x;

There's also life goals that you can choose and change anytime - just like in Sims... Though I don't think it works like in Sims 4 where you can switch aspirations freely without losing progress... So, I guess I should only change life goals when I've completed my current one. I've completed my first life goal, which is warrior, and then I changed to swordman, which is my current life goal... So far I'm already more than halfway completing my second life goal... Dunno what will I choose for my third life goal... Maybe a scholar...? Or a bandit...? ^^; There are some life goals that I've yet to  unlock... I wonder if there's harem life goal... That'd be so my taste! xp

(I'll need to play Chronicle Mode using male custom character... See if there's a glimmer chance of yaoi... I doubt it, though!)