Sunday, November 23, 2014

Dynasty Warriors NEXT: Spouse Oath - Guo Jia

These days I don't play any Sims games because I was busy conquering Guo Jia... xp Hehehe, nah, I just feel bored with Sims as usual... And instead of just playing my DS and 3DS games all the time, I decided to pick up where I left off with Dynasty Warriors NEXT for PS Vita, for a change.



Yeah, I'm so desperate that I like to hear love words from game characters...! xp

Actually, it's quite easy to get a DW character to do spouse oath - or sibling oath, if same gender... sadly no yaoi/yuri is allowed here... Just use the character's stratagem in your battles often, if not always. After a few turns, he/she will make the oath with you. And although the relationship gets reset every time you start new conquest in conquest mode, the spouse/sibling status will be recorded in the character info in gallery. So you can always track the list of your conquests, I guess... ^^; Though, I think I'd like it better if the relationship can carry on to some extent after the conquest is done... 

And honestly, my dear Guo Jia, I know that you're supposed to be dying and all, but must you say the oath with such grim face? x_x; You can't really die in this game, after all... (Or maybe it's the thought of being stuck with me against his free will that makes him look grim... ^^;)


Having a spouse means that you'll get gift... And I do like gifts! xp Not really sure if siblings will also give you gifts... So far I haven't made any sibling oath... ^^; And I'm also not quite sure if there's a limit to how many times you can get gift from your spouse; so far Guo Jia only gave me one gift... Stingy! xp Oh well, once is better than never, I guess... 

Once a character becomes your spouse, they will stay loyal to you; they will not protest if you don't take them to battle anymore or if you don't use their stratagem anymore... They will not leave your army and/or defect in battle. And if I'm not mistaken, there's supposed to be a spouse musou...? However, so far I've never experience it myself because most of the time I don't happen to fight side by side with Guo Jia, although I always bring him to battles with me... And when I do, in few rare occasions, well, I guess I'm strong enough to fight on my own... T_T


Still, Guo Jia is Guo Jia even after the spouse oath... All thanks to the ladies man personality that the KOEI/Omega Force team gave him... ^^; When you're about to invade a territory whose leader is female, you'll likely to get the notice that Guo Jia is in high spirit; that all of his attack and defense and speed etc will increase when encounter female officer(s). Hmph, he must be a Gemini... Well, I AM also a Gemini, but I think I'm quite loyal if I'm already in a commitment... *hurriedly hides my harem* xp 

Seriously, I don't remember reading about the real Guo Jia being such a player, but then again maybe I don't study my history well enough... 

Anyway, it's not a Sims game where you can woohoo and do stuff... So, yeah, it's pretty much all you can do with your spouse(s) in Dynasty Warriors game... Though it's said that in Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, now you can also have children... I wonder if the children will inherit the parents' genetic... Or will it work like Harvest Moon games; where the children will all look same no matter who you marry...? I'm quite interested to see this new feature... But I'll need to wait until late January 2015 for the US release of the game to be available... It won't be long, since November is already near ending... then December... then January... and then... Hehehe! xp 

We're looking forward to it, aren't we, my darling Guo Jia? *sees Guo Jia run away screaming* Eh... Honey, where are you going? Come baaack...! ^^; Oh well, I'll just have to catch him again... Because you can run, you can hide, but you can't escape my love... xp (Wait, that's Enrique Iglesias' song...!)

P.S.: I thought I've made my DW Pippi character quite short... Scully, in those screenshots above, she looks like she and Guo Jia are of the same height... Which means, he's not that tall, I guess... ^^; Maybe I should make her a bit shorter...)