Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sims 4 Darth Vader Boutique

Continuing my criticism on Sims 4 Get To Work; especially on the retail business aspect... Today, there's a new game update - patch - dunno what they wanted to break this time; didn't bother to read the patch notes... Anyway, it's just a small-sized patch... And in case you're wondering what happened after yesterday I got error with so many numbers when trying to save my bears bakery, but then somehow managed to save after sending my bears home... Well, today, when I opened my Sims 4 game, after the newest patch, I found that somehow the successful saving after the error actually was somewhat unsuccessful... What I mean is; if the saving was 100% successful, the date in  game should be Wednesday... And yet, when I opened my game today, I found out that I'm back on Monday again... The bakery was in the same state like when I haven't opened it... And so, the profit 930 Simoleons is poof! gone with the stupid error...! x_x; The odd thing is somehow the progress of Shirokuma's baking skill was saved... Yesterday he already reached baking skill level 6 and today, even though the date reverted back to Monday and I lost my sales profit, his baking skill is still level 6. Oh well, at least I didn't lose everything... :@/ And I tested opening the bakery again... This time only for one day and I could save the game while on the retail lot... So, either it's the nonstop opening hours that caused the error... Or, the error with so many numbers maybe got fixed by today's patch (yeah, right! Since when EA really fix something for real?!)

Anyway, if you think that the bakery business is quite a failure, wait until you see this boutique business... Yep, Darth Vader opened a boutique; because who says that he doesn't know anything about fashion?! *snorts*







The most obvious thing that I'm disappointed and dissatisfied and unhappy about boutique business is: THE GAME FAILS TO PROPERLY SHOW SIMS TRYING OUT OUTFITS, WHEN THERE ARE MANY SIMS ON THE LOT! (>.<) You can see in the video - if you can notice it - that when there were still like 3 Sims in the shop, the game could show Sims trying out outfit from the mannequin... It takes a while, but it manages to show the clothes changing... But after there were quite a number of Sims in the shop - everybody doing some things - the game failed to keep up! In the video you can only see Sims spun and spun by the mannequins - meaning they tried out the outfit - but you can't see them changing the clothes for real...! And to think that I've created such stupid outfits to sell; hoping that I could get a good laugh seeing them trying the outfits out... Scully, no apparent changing was shown! :@/ Well, maybe if your computer is a good computer - not a piece of junk like my laptop - then, maybe the game won't fail in properly showing Sims trying out outfits...

(Oh yeah, I didn't set the clutter objects for sale, because I think if I did that, Sims will just buy the clutters, because they're cheaper than the clothes. So, to make sure that Sims will buy the clothes, I just left the clutter objects as decoration only)

And I also wanted to see whether I could handle a shop in Sims 4 on my own... I mean, in Sims 2 OFB I can manage handling my shop on my own without any employee - doing sale, ringing up customers, restocking... All by myself... But in Sims 4 Get To Work, I guess it's impossible for 1 Sim to handle a shop... Particularly because of the ringing-up using tablet TAKES SO GODDAMN FOREVER! Plus, it also takes time for Sim(s) to react to the command to ring up the costumer... which adds even more time to the whole ringing-up process... x_x In Sims 2 OFB, even with Sims whose skill in handling cash register is still low, it doesn't take as long as the time to ring up customers using tablet in Sims 4 Get To Work! :@/ You can see in the video, as the result, a couple of customers left angry because they waited too long to be rung up.

Also, near the end of the video, you can see that the two male customers kept on wanting to be rung up, even though Darth Vader had rung them up... That's the bug again! So fed up - can't even see those stupid Sims in the stupid outfit that they bought! - so I just closed the shop. :@/ And, if you notice, the customers are the same Sims all over again... So boring...! :@/ At least, in Sims 2 OFB, you'll get different customers depending on which neighborhood you're living in... In Sims 4 Get To Work, no matter where you live - in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs - you'll get the same stupid faces as your customers! Hmph!

Oh well, I guess it's the fate of Darth Vader... Just like how his plan of universe domination failed, his boutique is also a failure...