Friday, February 6, 2015

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires: All About Defense

Yep, my kingdom is currently being attacked again... And yes, from both sides... When I saved and exited my game last night, another new attack had occurred...! Good times, good times... x_x; Here's another video of my defensive battles; it contains scenes from 4 battles... and I also played as Xun Yu as well. 



Playing as him, I learnt that Xun Yu is powerful... Or at least his level 3 weapon is powerful.... xp Just look at him; he's barely scathed! Well, you may argue that somehow he wasn't get ganged-up by enemy officers, that's why he's unscathed... I don't know what the reason but it's true that he didn't get ganged-up - perhaps because he's so powerful that he doesn't give them chance to gang-up on him? xp He fought and defeated Sima Zhao once and immediately he captured him; while I fought and defeated him so many times and still no luck in capturing him...! orz Xun Yu's compliment for me is always that I fight impressively; that I make it look like it's easy... While actually, it's him who makes it look so easy! ^^; Maybe I should try using Xun Yu when I do the next invasion battle... 

But then again, the problem with using another officers, instead of your main character, to do the battle is if they catch enemy officer(s), you don't get to decide whether to hire, release or execute them. The game will decide the prisoners' fate for you. Like in the case when Xun Yu caught Sima Zhao, the game released him without my consent! x_x; This inconvenience has been fixed with the latest game patch, but since my PS4 is not connected to the internet, I can't patch. Hopefully the English version of the game will already have the latest patch.

Anyway, the last battle scenes in the end of the video is the clear solid proof of what will happen if you go to battle while your troops are still tired and wounded. Everything became red immediately! All my bases fell; only left the main camp... There were only me and Xun Yu left standing... x_x Well, despite doing such awful fighting, since defensive battle only lasts for 5 minutes, as long as I still have life and my main camp doesn't fall, it's my victory... Though actually, if the battle has lasted a bit longer, I could have finished off Zhang He and Fan Zheng. In the end from that awful battle I only captured Sima Yi... I'm actually not really fond of him - and he's not really a bishounen, and not quite Wei people... Well, he used to be a part of Wei... - but I asked him to join me anyway, because when we were allies, he came to help several times as reinforcement when my kingdom got attacked. However, he refused... And between releasing him or executing him, I chose to execute, because by doing so I weaken the kingdom he belongs to. Actually, I also caught Cao Pi in one of the earlier battles... Also asked him to join but he refused... I released him though...

Xun Yu: "Looks like we're being attacked again by Li Dian." *looks at Empress Pippi* "What should we do?"

Pippi: "We defend, of course! I don't want to lose any of our territories!"

Xun Yu: *nods his head* "Understood. Then I shall start make preparation for battle."

Pippi: "Ne, Xun Yu, you think we should return their courtesy as soon as possible? We have been weakening those two Li Dian's territories neighboring ours internally, right?"

Xun Yu: "If we can get enough rest after this battle, then I think we can try. However, we can't directly attack the capital because it's quite far away, so it's just one of those neighboring territories for now."

Pippi: "Hmm... Which one you think we should attack first? I'd say the one whose internal affairs is quite chaotic at the moment..."

Xun Yu: "That would be the most sensible decision... However, please be aware that if we capture that area first, we would then have possibility to face attack from three sides."

Pippi: *nodding* "I see... So it should be the other one, ah..." *sighs* "It would be another difficult battle, I'm sure... Li Dian has quite many major generals... And once we attack, he'd bring all of them to fight us... We've managed to rid two of their generals so far, but it'd be so much better if we had Cao Pi and Sima Zhao on our side as well - that'd weaken them even more."

Xun Yu: *lips pursed, lowers his head* "My apologies."

Pippi: "What for?" *looks at Xun Yu*

Xun Yu: "About releasing Sima Zhao..."

Pippi: "Oh." *smiles at Xun Yu* "It's not Xun Yu's fault. It's the game being silly... And also my own misfortune for not being able to patch." *gets up to her feet* "Then, we have a battle to do... Let's also do our best this time! And hopefully we won't get kicked so bad..." 

Xun Yu: *nods*

And so, to another defensive battle we go...