Monday, February 16, 2015

Sims 4 Valentine...?

So, it seems that there's a new game update (=patch) for Sims 4... I think it has been out for several days now (or weeks, even?) but I only patched my game just now. I see that even up till this moment, after how many patches already?, they still don't fix one of the annoying bugs that have been there since the beginning of the game - since CAS demo, actually; the stuck looping BGM in live mode! After a long while I didn't open this game, when I opened it just now after patching, the first thing I got is that annoying stuck looping BGM! And now, it's not just 2 different music playing together forever - it's 3 different music overlapping playing together stuck looping forever in the background; driving me crazy! (>.<) Every time that happens, I have to exit the stupid game and open it again... Well, the loading time for Sims 4 is not (YET) as excruciatingly long as Sims 3's... But still, having to exit then open again just because of the noisy stuck looping BGM is such a ridiculous waste of time, if you ask me!

Anyway, there's some freebies included with the patch... Some Valentine-ish stuff; like teddy bear holding heart, (unattractively) heart T-Shirt, (corny) heart boxer... Maybe there's more for women's clothing, but I haven't checked yet... Also I think I saw a new gnome... Not a Valentine gnome, though... Speaking about gnomes; in Sims 4 they're not animated like in Sims 3... It's more like in Sims 2; they just stay wherever you plop them down, and stay in the same pose all the time. 




The first EP for Sims 4 is coming on March 31st... Sims 4 Get To Work. Maybe I'll get it... See how... The retail business is what I'm interested in... But I wonder if it will work like Sims 2 OFB... Scully, it sucks like that Sims 3 stupid seller! In the first trailer video, it seems that your Sims can do selling interactions like in Sims 2 OFB... However, if you see it closely, you'll see that the Sims in the trailer video were only having normal conversation, because they did the normal speaking animations, not a special selling conversation like in Sims 2 OFB. The same with a Sim who stood behind the counter as if tending the cash register and another Sim who stood at the other side of counter acting as the customer... They only spoke normal conversation in my eyes. Until I see a real paying-at-cashier animation like in Sims 2 OFB, I'd say cash register in Sims 4 most probably will be useless too, like in Sims 3. :@/

I know that most people who play Sims game are not as fussy as me... I think many Sims 3 players are quite happy and content with the stupid seller and the bakery register just sitting on top of counter uselessly... Customers will just sweep stuff with their hands and you get Simoleons... Since Sims games are supposed to simulate real life, then they shouldn't be so lazy as to not make a paying-at-register animation... I can't just sweep stuff at shop and be considered properly buying it without paying at cashier first in real life! So, why must I be contented with such ridiculous concept in Sims that's supposed to be mimicking real life?! 

And I swear... If the shop customers in Sims 4 also make the same stupid annoying OOH! AAH! noises when viewing items for sale like in Sims 3, I'll uninstall the EP immediately, whack it and stomp on it!