Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires: Empress Pippi Strikes Back

Yep, after being attacked so many times, it's now payback time! Here's a video of the invasion battles, in SUPER GARBAGE quality, courtesy of YouTube. 


(VIDEO IS FIXED! NO LONGER SHAKY!)

It was quite a painful battle... Actually I needed to re-do the invasion because the 1st attempt was a draw and I lost Lu Xun - yep, he managed to get himself captured. x_x; Absolutely don't want that; so I exited without saving and re-did the invasion all over again. If you notice in my yesterday video, in defensive battles, the enemy's life gauge is pretty short and they're quite easy to kill... However, in invasion battle, the enemy's life gauge is quite long and they're quite harder to kill. It's just normal difficulty and I felt like I played Hard difficulty in SW4. Not only they are harder to kill, they're also quite violent. Just imagine; the enemies have level 3 weapons with unlimited musou in their disposal, whereas I only have level 1 weapon with no musou most of the time... And they're all ganging up on me... How unfair is that!? x_x; There's no way I can survive Hard and Chaos difficulty here!

The fighting in the end of the video was quite easy because the enemy was already weak - there was no major general left in that area except for Xiao Qiao. But fighting Lu Bu was really hard... He alone is already troublesome, and yet I still had to fight other officers at the same time! Well, I had plenty of time - 90 minutes for invasion battle - but not enough life, ne! x_x

And so, now I have 7 territories... However, due to me being picky in recruiting, I still only have 7 officers... While other rulers, even though they may have less territories than me, they do have a lot more of major generals with them... x_x Honestly, it makes me worried thinking about the future of my kingdom... Should I just give up on my plan to make a harem kingdom and just recruit whatever gender, whatever look...?! Well, it can be considered as a challenge and I really want to see if I can make it... But at the same time, it worries me too... Maybe I should have set it to easy difficulty when I started this campaign. Now, in the middle of playing, I don't think I can change it... I mean, I see there's an option to set difficulty during my gameplay, but when I tried to change to easy, I didn't see any significant difference... :@/

Pippi: *head on table* "What to do, Xun Yu? You're my strategist and advisor; give me some advise..."

Xun Yu: "I think it's better - and safer - if we start recruiting regardless of gender and look."

Guo Jia: "I agree. Hire the ladies! You're not going to pick me anyway, so let me have some fun."

Pippi: *glares at Guo Jia, head still on table* "But... If I compromise now, I feel like I'll lose interest to continue this kingdom...!"

Xun Yu: "Please consider about the time when we were being attacked repetitiously... And we will certainly be attacked again anytime soon... Could be even from both sides, this time. When it happens, you know that we can't afford to go on battle after battle without any rest. Doing so will just make our loss bigger."

Pippi: "But Xun Yu convinced them to be our allies... Surely you can convince them to be our allies again...?" *looks at Xun Yu with puppy eyes*

Xun Yu: *lets out a sigh* "For the time being, yes, they agreed to be our allies. However after 6 months pass, there's always possibility for them to refuse to renew our alliance. And when they do, they will attack us for sure."

Pippi: "What to do... What to do...!?" *banging head against table*

Zhong Hui: *suddenly butts in* "I don't really care about the current recruiting policy or whatever... But why don't you take my bribe already and make me a prefect!? Then I can finally rebel!"

Pippi: *makes annoyed shooing gesture with hand toward Zhong Hui* "I don't need your bribe. I'll make you a prefect, once I figure out how!"

Jia Xu: *whispers to Guo Jia* "Young Master, certainly our Empress won't make us fight even when we're tired and wounded...?"

Guo Jia: *answers in whispering tone* "That's exactly what we've been doing all this time, though. And we're always out-numbered when we go to battle."

Jia Xu: *startled, still whispering* "Tell me, Young Master, you think our Empress is a sadist or a masochist?"

Guo Jia: *chuckles softly* "I think she's both."

Jia Xu: *mumbles* "Why did I agree to join this kingdom...?! My judgement must have become worse as I grow older!"

Guo Jia: *glances at Jia Xu* "By the way, which one of us who caught you in the last battle?"

End of my silly and crazy dialogues. ^^;

Anyway, I've got 3 more confessions last night; Zhang Liao, Zhao Yun and Zhong Hui. And so, it means that all my officers have confessed to me - Jia Xu is the latest addition to the force, so he won't confess anytime soon. Actually, Zhang Liao and Jia Xu are not what you'd call as bishounen (=pretty boy) but I hire them just the same because they're Wei people. ^^ OK, back to confessions matter... From the latest 3 confessions, none of them mention the LOVE word - all just being quite vague... Zhong Hui's confession is the worst, I think, with his arrogance all over (and yes, he keeps trying to bribe me to make him a prefect!). So, I guess so far it's only Guo Jia and Xun Yu who say the word LOVE loud and clear in their confessions. <333