Saturday, February 21, 2015

Samurai Warriors 4-II: What A Beginning...!

My first impression on playing Samurai Warriors 4-II.... CRAZY! ^^;

I played with normal difficulty... with a battle of 1 star difficulty (first battle always has 1 star difficulty, battle 2 will have 2 stars difficulty and so on)... And yet, I felt like I was playing with hard difficulty! O.o And you see my life gauge is so short... And there's no any healing item whatsoever that I can equip in SW4-II... (at least not that I know of at the moment). In SW4, at least you've got some healing items to equip, even though they can only be used once at a time... The healing dango; once you ate it, it's gone from your inventory... But at least it's something... for emergency when you can't seem to find any rice stacks containing healing onigiri anywhere in sight! *shakes head* And in Samurai Warriors, it's not only enemy soldiers and officers' slashes that can harm you, but also flying bullets, arrows, spears and miscreants' smack-down... 

I then tried to see how it is with easy level in SW4-II... Well, I gotta say, even with easy level, they don't make it very easy... Even though maybe enemy's slashes don't cause too great damage to your short life gauge in easy level, still if you don't pay attention you can't expect to win the battle unscathed. I think in SW4, easy level is quite easy... I don't remember struggling playing with easy level there...

But then again, it's most probably because I'm a lousy gamer... I think expert gamers will not find any difficulty playing on hard or nightmare level even with short life gauge and lack of healing items. ^^;

Anyway, here are videos of Mitsunari's campaign...

Risou no Shou Opening



Risou no Shou Movie 1
(Movie of Battle of Shizugatake)



Risou no Shou Battle 1
(Battle of Shizugatake)



Risou no Shou - 理想の章 - literally can be translated as Chapter of (An) Ideal (World)... But I guess if and when this game is made into English version, it may be called Legend of United Land, just like in SW4. Well, at least unlike in SW4, Mitsunari's campaign is already available from the start... In SW4, I need to play and finish Nobunaga Oda's campaign first before I can unlock Mitsunari's campaign. 

As for custom character... I guess SW4-II Pippi still looks the same with SW4 Pippi... Well, maybe not 100% same, because I don't really remember what type of eyes and nose that I used before... But she looks quite similar... with same pink hairstyle and neko ears... and odd eye... ^^; I don't think there's a Chronicle Mode in SW4-II... I think there's only something similar to free mode and the infinite castle mode... But of course I can be wrong... I haven't really looked around at other modes... I think I'll finish Mitsunari's tragic story mode first and then go take a close and careful look at other modes available...