Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires: Retrieving Lu Xun

So, when I resumed my third campaign last night, and I looked around the map, suddenly somehow I saw Lu Xun wandering in an area of Zhu Ran's kingdom next to mine! I was like; WOOHOO! Lu Xun did come back! Now I can retrieve him! \(^O^)/ I swear, the other day when I looked around the map - right after I established my own kingdom - I didn't find his name anywhere! But now that his name is back on the map, of course I must get him! And in order to be able to recruit him, I'd need to make that area mine first... So, off we went to the battlefield again; with Guo Jia leading this mission to get Lu Xun back (Yeah, you gotta grab your happiness with your own hands, Guo Jia! Ganbatte! xp)



Guo Jia doesn't have any recovery tactic, ne... So I guess to ensure our victory, I need to use fire attack as early as possible. Also, place down the wind tower to spread the fire all around... Hehehe *evil smirk* To my surprise, though, after the fire attack was successful, Xun Yu initiated flood attack...! I was like, oh my goodness, Xun Yu! Why did you do that... Wouldn't the water extinguish the fire?? O.o Oh well, I guess even if the fire would be extinguished by the flood, at least the life gauge of all the enemy across the map was already reduced quite a great deal. Turned out, even though the fire might have ceased burning in one place after the flood attack, it was still raging in the enemy's main camp... Wondering if that's thanks to the wind tower... ^^; And I expected Yu Jin to put up quite a fight even with his life gauge half-reduced... Scully, with just one air musou and a little slash, he's done already! *shakes head*

Meanwhile Zhou Yu, although dying - his life gauge only remained so little - somehow managed to stay alive until the end of the battle. I couldn't heal him because... heck, I couldn't even heal myself, if I need to! Dunno why Guo Jia doesn't have any recovery tactic with him. And I've noticed since my previous campaigns until now, that somehow Zhao Yun tends to be easily defeated by enemy, no matter how high his level is... He's supposed to be a mighty young warrior, ne - just like Yukimura in SW series - then how come he's so... weak in my kingdom...?!! His relationship level also decreases faster than anybody else's. 

From this... quite anti-climatic battle, we captured 4 generics... Yeah well, in this battle the enemy only had 2 musou officers; Yu Jin and Chen Gong; others were generics... But maybe because Guo Jia is not quite a kind person, none of those generics got hired. xp Well, yeah, it quite pleases me, because it saves me the trouble having to dismiss them myself later... Also it's quite amusing because this is the first time, when I fight as another character, that not even a single generic gets hired! Usually, at least I'd get one generic - worse, two or more - after fighting not as myself. 

Guo Jia: "You see, I'm the one who knows you the best." 
Pippi: "Hmph, don't get too conceited!" *sticks out tongue at Guo Jia* "Thanks, though, for not hiring any of the generics..."
Guo Jia: *chuckles* "My pleasure. So, can I expect a better reward than just a thank-you word?"
Pippi: "As a matter of fact, yes! We've successfully got Lu Xun back! Now you can play with him!" xp
Guo Jia: "Oh, I see..." *purses lips, muttering under his breath* "... And here I thought, I'd get something special...!"

Yes! Lu Xun is finally back! :@) After I won the battle and made that area a part of my kingdom, I went to recruit him immediately!



Pippi: "Welcome back, Lu Xun!" \(^O^)/
Lu Xun: "I'm back... Thank you for having me back again in your kingdom. I shall work hard to support you in uniting the land once again!"

This third campaign really has quite many unexpected things... I guess I'm glad that I didn't abandon it... And who knows, maybe there are still more unexpected good things ahead... For instance, maybe I finally can make a harem kingdom! xp Yeah, I'm going to re-implement my strict recruitment policy: ONLY RECRUIT THE GOOD LOOKING ONES! Well, at least decent-looking, if not good looking... ^^; Those who don't meet the criteria; EXECUTED! xp In my first campaign, since it's my first time playing, I was feeling quite insecure to maintain this recruitment policy; hence the failure in creating my dream harem kingdom. Now I think I can manage to survive, even if I'm being very picky in recruiting. xp

And so, since Lu Xun is already back here with us, I guess next we will see some Guo Jia x Lu Xun... Hehehe... Looking forward to it, right, Guo Jia! xp *ignoring Guo Jia who's sulking and muttering to himself*