Friday, March 6, 2015

EA... Origin... Sims 4... *sighs*

Here's an icing on my stinky day... I updated Origin just now - because there's new update and I have to update if I want to open it... And I have to open and sign in if I want to open my Sims 4 game - and after the update finished, I tried to open my Sims 4 game... And SURPRISE! SURPRISE! It refuses to open - always constantly not responding... FOR WHATEVER HECK REASON! 

It's not this piece of junk laptop... Because I tested and I can open my Sims 2 game... I haven't tested with Sims 3 because it took so long time to load etc, but I think it should be no problem with Sims 3 as well... Just went to Sims 4 forum because I couldn't find the live chat help in Origin anymore, and I saw there's someone who posted about the same problem; after Origin update can't open Sims 4 game. Well, for the sake of ranting, I posted too... But I doubt that there will be any solid reply/solution... Even if we're lucky enough to get any answer from EA, at most they will only tell us to uninstall and reinstall the game. What a waste of time, really! :@/ To reinstall I must redownload and since I have crappy internet connection, it will take ages to download just the base game! And even if say, uninstall and reinstall fix the problem now, how about in the future? Scully, every time there's Origin update or game update or windows update or whatever update, the stupid game will back to not responding and therefore must uninstall and reinstall again!? (>.<)

Oh fine. I guess if within these days I don't find/get any answer to this problem and they do nothing to fix this problem - just because it's only 2 lucky persons who got this, I'll just uninstall Sims 4 for good! Then I won't spend my money to buy Get To Work EP... Yep, EA won't get any more money from me! I'll use my money to buy other games; maybe preferably console games... That load faster than PC games... Especially if your PC is a dying piece of junk... :@/