Monday, March 23, 2015

Just Some Ramblings And Rants...

Just watched episode 11 of Sengoku Musou (Samurai Warriors) anime... Well, it seems the real final battle will take place in episode 12... which probably will be the last episode... Of course it won't end well like I want it to be - thanks to the history facts, but at the same time I dare the anime to surprise me... ^^;


I really hope they make SW4 Empires soon... And include Hideyori too... Then I'll make sure that Japan will still belong to him, and Mitsunari-sama's as well... I won't mind playing with all kanji again... Just make and release the game quickly! xp And of course hopefully there'll be a seller who wants to sell it internationally...

And speaking about upcoming new game... Sims 4 Get To Work is coming next week... No, I still haven't pre-ordered it. To be honest, I'm not very sure that I really want the EP now, actually... I mean, I'm still feeling quite excited about the retail features... Although they still don't want to make the customers go to cash register to buy stuff, and instead you or your sellers will ring them up using tablet... Their excuse is hey, tablets are modern stuff etc... Well, I'm not quite a big fan of futuristic things, so I still pretty much prefer the old-fashioned way of selling and ringing up customers using cash register like in Sims 2 OFB... Even so, what they promise to give in Sims 4 Get To Work is still way better than what they did with the Sims 3 Stupid Seller and Bakery... (of course, provided if EA has repented and going to keep their promise(s) now) So I'm willing to compromise... again... Well, Sims games, to me, has always been about compromising... 

HOWEVER! What bugs me the most and therefore makes me want to reconsider getting this Get To Work is the fact that this EP will bring back aliens... And worse, aliens will freely roam and mingle in normal Sims' neighborhoods - disguised or not disguised...! A lot of people like aliens, so they're very excited about this prospect. I don't like aliens, so I'm not happy about it. I mean, this game series have always had aliens, I know, but at least in Sims 2, the aliens are contained to Strangetown neighborhood; if you don't play in that neighborhood, you won't see them. In Sims 3, they brought back aliens in Seasons EP, but they will only show up once in a while... and I can just do Total Annihilation using Master Controller when I see one showing up in my Sims' lot - no big deal! But in Sims 4, if I buy and install Get To Work, I will see aliens everywhere! On the street, in the community lots, in my store...! x_x; There's alien world - or worlds, not sure if it's single or plural, not that I care about - which is a secret neighborhood, that can be accessed by scientist Sims or if having rocket with worm hole upgrade or whatever nonsense... Now, why don't they just make the aliens stay in their world, and if players want their Sims to mingle with aliens, just send them to their planet!?? Instead of forcing all players to accept aliens invading their Sims' normal neighborhoods!!? And the most basic question is, why the heck they must bring aliens in Get To Work anyway?!! Aliens should be included in Supernatural EP or Sci-Fi EP or The Creeps EP... Not in career/work-related EP! OK, there's Scientist career there, but like I've said; why don't they just make the aliens a privilage to Scientist Sims only!? Why can't EA and The Sims Studio people think of a middle way to make their customers - the players - with different taste and different play styles all happy?! Just make it so that those who want to see aliens, can see them; and for those who don't want to see them, they don't need to! Simple, right?! And yet, these people fail to grasp such simple concept of thinking... Or rather, they refuse to bother to even think and consider about it; that NOT ALL SIMS PLAYERS LOVE ALIENS!

And then of course there's another thing that also contributes to my reluctance to buy Get To Work... Recent technical issues I've got with their stupid Origin aside, it seems that there's a new game patch - in preparation for Get To Work EP - and I read at the official forum that after patching, some players' laptops, especially those with NVidia M series, start to experience overheating. I myself haven't patched because I haven't opened my game again for some days/week now... But considering that I also use laptop and NVidia M series, plus my very extreme good luck, I can say for sure that when I do patch my game and open it and play it, I'll surely be included in those who are very lucky to have overheating issue! :@/

So, the conclusion is... I don't know whether I will buy and install Sims 4 Get To Work or not. Maybe just wait and see... But really, Sims games with all their stupid nonsense, and bugs and gradually long loading time, have put out my passion for them quite a long time ago, actually... Though if they will ever make Sims 4 for PS4, maybe I'll get it... At least, on console, it will never take forever to load... Because there won't be EPs and SPs and GPs... And there will never be new glitch or bug or something broken with new patch, because I will never be able to patch - even if there is a patch available - because my PS4 isn't connected to internet.